Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sentimental Ramblings

I never truly realized just how fragile and precious life was until I had Lydia.  Every time we get in the car, I find myself praying for safety.  I pray over her every night for God to send angels to watch her while I am not able, and also pray to keep her safe from SIDS.  I pray every time James leaves the house that he will come home to me soon.  I hate it when he runs late or does something unexpected and forgets to call me.  It makes me sick with worry.
I love my little family.  I know now that being a wife and mommy is God’s intended purpose for me.  I wasn’t aware how important my role was when I got married, but the Lord has definitely given me insight and proof!  I can’t wait to have another baby or two!  Having Lydia has only brought James and me closer so far, I am eager to see what the future holds. 
I know that life isn’t always as simple or easy as it is right now, but I am definitely enjoying it while it lasts, both with cherishing Lydia for now and reveling in the simplicity of my marriage with only one child in the equation.  I’m just glad that children grow up in stages and aren’t walking right out of the womb b/c childproofing would certainly be interesting, LOL! 
Anyone remember the first time your child(ren) smiled at you?  Lydia started on the 4th of July, while we were at Granny’s (James’ grandma).  She had given us smiles before just as a face that babies make, but that day, she started smiling AT us!  It was enough to make my heart flip!  Tell me your experiences, ya’ll.  <3
This is the first smile I captured on camera.  (Also posted on FB, you may recognize it.)  She was 3 weeks old or so here, doing one of the sleep smiles they do.  Mom says this happens when angels tickle her feet.  :)